posted on February 25, 2008 19:55
Here's an example of fencing:
- Draw a rectangle with lines protruding through the edges, as shown.
- Enter "tr" for Trim.
- Select the rectangle and right click or click Enter.
- Enter "f" for Fence.
- Draw a fence line through the objects that you would like to trim, as shown.
- Right click (or click Enter) twice.
- This is what you should end up with:
The best use I find for "fencing" is when I am drawing up full-height backsplash panels that have a diagonal scoring pattern. I draw an oversized scoring pattern, place the backsplash panel where I want the scoring pattern to line up, and then trim the lines.
About the Author: Seth Emery is a CAD Drafter/CNC Programmer for Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc. in Lititz, Pennsylvania. H.H. Ross specializes in the fabrication and installation of solid surface, granite, and engineered stone countertops in residential and commercial applications. Seth can be reached at email@example.com Visit the H.H. Ross website at http://www.hhross.com