The FabNet® Forum
New Ultra Clear Acrylic from Gluewarehouse
Last Post 05 Nov 2013 10:23 PM by Gene McDonald. 23 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Chad Thomas
Basic Member
Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
31 May 2012 03:41 PM
    Customers have been asking us for a true clear adhesive that cures fast and provides strong bonds on stone, polyesters and acrylics. We’ve responded.

The new color “Glass” is the latest to join the Seam-it lineup and it’s unique formulation provides a crystal clear glue-perfect for Granite laminations and difficult to seam products like the Avonite Glass series.

Get your free sample today

Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    01 Jun 2012 05:27 PM
    This is great news. I have used clear adhesive in the past and the glue turns yellow after it's cured.

Are you saying this glue stays clear even after it's cured?

Should work great for Avonite.
    FabNet Administrator
    andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
    Countertop Company - www.OliveMill.com
    Test
    Gene McDonald
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    03 Jun 2012 10:32 PM

Send me some please

Refresh Interiors, Inc

4641 Lown St. North

St. Petersburg, Fl. 33714

look forward to checking it out...hope this well help with Glass...

www.RefreshInteriorsDesign.com
    Chad Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
    04 Jun 2012 07:41 PM
    On the way Gene....
    Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    Chad Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
    04 Jun 2012 07:45 PM
    Andy,
    Yes it stays Clear. 
    We have always been able to produce a true clear even after curing-the problem has been it required a really slow cure (1 hour or so). The new chemistry maintains clarity and cures in roughly 20-25 minutes.
    I am sending you and Gene samples to try.
    Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    04 Jun 2012 10:08 PM
    Thanks for the information.

If you use this color on medium colors like Sandstone, would you see a dark like if there was a gap in the seam?
    FabNet Administrator
    Test
    Chris Yaughn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    05 Jun 2012 04:56 AM
    Andy, I can answer that.   Yes.  Super clear is only good for the tightest of seams be they granite or ss.

Any any any gaps will show a shadow line and look dark.
    refuse to do nothing
    Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    05 Jun 2012 04:03 PM
    Cool, thanks.
    FabNet Administrator
    Test
    Tom M

Private Messenger:

--
    06 Jun 2012 12:19 PM
    Got mine. Thanks Chad!
    ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
    Gene McDonald
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    07 Jun 2012 06:26 PM
    got mine...cant wait...did these glass tops with silicone seams ..yuck..it made the builder feel more comfortable about shock and movement...but it sux...Im gonna etch the glass and see if this clears it back up and tightens up the appearance
    thanx Chad for your fast delivery..:)

Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    08 Jun 2012 04:08 AM
    Got mine. Noticed the new label. Looks nice.
    FabNet Administrator
    Test
    Michael

Private Messenger:

--
    27 Feb 2013 12:02 PM
    Chad could this be used to fill an engraving? we are looking for an optically pure (or as near as possible) material to back fill engraving and back side bas-relief type work to help maintain the strength of the working surface above. Just wondering and would rather ask and find out not then not ask and miss a tool that could be used.

Michael
    Life is Live it
    www.marino-customs.com
    Chad Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
    27 Feb 2013 12:31 PM
    Hi Michael
    The short answer is yes-you can use the adhesive as an inlay/filler and the new Glass is very clear. It has optical properties similar to tempered glass in that a thin casting will apear completley clear and a thick casting will have a slightly off clear appearance. It doesn't turn cloudy' just a very slight green tinge like you would see in a thick peice of glass. When using adhesive as an inlay, it is important to fully wet out the mixing tip before filling your casting to eliminate air bubbles.

I would reccomend ordering a free sample and trying it on your application-we would love to hear the results. Visit www.gluewarehouse.com and look to the top right corner of the homepage for the free sample link.
    I should also mention Align Rite Tool. They manufacture and sell an acrylic product that is specifically for inlays.  www.alignritetool.com/inlay.htm  Not sure if they do a clear.

I am on the road this week and posting from a mobile so excuse the grammar and spelling . If you want to discuss on the phone my number is 360 325 6607.
    All the best
    Chad

Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    28 Feb 2013 04:50 PM
    So the seam adhesive will work as a fill without issue? Is that correct?
    FabNet Administrator
    Test
    Chad Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
    28 Feb 2013 05:22 PM
    It will work as an inlay/fill but you have to watch for air bubbles (wetting out the tip should eliminate them).
    Also keep in mind that the larger the casting is the more chance of discoloration due to the glue getting hotter as a result of the larger mass.
    As with any new adhesive application, I would recommend running a small test piece before going full speed ahead.
    Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    Michael

Private Messenger:

--
    14 Mar 2013 08:54 AM
    Chad,

I talked to Ray and he has put me onto ta company here in the UK that imports your glues and has some of the glass type in stock. I will be contacting them and getting some as the image he sent showed that it should work as it was 3/16" thick (4.75 mm) which should do the job just perfect. Also had a good chat about ways to improve application and decrease air penetration (bubbles ruin product).

I am looking forward to hopefully a solution to a problem for me and a number of designer who want to use one of my product line in a way that currently can't be done.

Michael
    Life is Live it
    www.marino-customs.com
    Gene McDonald
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    18 Aug 2013 02:40 AM
    Chad..I would like this glass..for some reason I got a color called FROST and it looks more like a translucent foggy gray color that water clear type stuff..is there another color called ULTRA clear that is on the site to order..I would like to order 4 tubes..but please none of that FROST ;)
    Chad Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
    19 Aug 2013 01:33 PM
    Morning Gene,

I put the correct cartridges in your cart on our webstore. If you can login and add your CC info, we will ship them today. If you want to call me and I can finish it off for you- the number is 877 595 4583.

Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    Gene McDonald
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    13 Oct 2013 11:09 AM
    Chad, I just now seen this, I only picked Frost because you guys recommend that for all your avonite glass series..it says Frost..I looked at a couple of materials on the website lists and its not under quartz

I am just asking what material  sheet list shows ultra clear?
    Chad Thomas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Private Messenger:

--
    13 Oct 2013 12:50 PM
    Gene

Frost is the best match for the Avonite Glass series. The Ultra Clear (we call it Glass) is recommended for sheets like 3Form and Lumicor where the sheet is completely clear.

It can also be used as a back up if you happen to run out of adhesive.

I can send you a couple cartridges to try it out- It'll work great for those inlays you do with coffee beans or screws or MnM's.
    Chad Thomas
    www.gluewarehouse.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

FabNet Forum Rules

These Forums are dedicated to any discussion that interest the Surface Fabricator.

Please read the following rules.  Posting, reading and participating on TheFabricatorNetwork.com, you automatically agree to the following rules.  They periodically change so please read them frequently.  Because the rules change at our discretion, post at your own discretion.  The Fabricator Network.com can not control the content of the information posted.  We do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of any information posted. 

Under no circumstances will The Fabricator Network.com its owners, directors, and/or operators be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the forum.  Full Legal 'Terms of Use'

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the project, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. NO ADVERTISING or PROMOTION of products by anyone other than sponsors and advertisers of the FabNet.
    2. "FOR SALE" section is only for used equipment, closeout or advertiser and sponsor specials.
    3. Vendors and Manufacturers are prohibited from posting, commenting or discussing a competitors product in a negative way.  Negative comments toward other vendors or manufacturers will be grounds for an immediate ban from the forum.
    4. Only Advertisers/Sponsors may post their Avatar logo next to their name.  Other vendors may only use their website URL and/or their email address.
    5. Except for "FabNet Lounge", please stay on topic. Post that do not stay on topic will be removed from thread.
    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread, post or comment.
    8. Be Respectful of others.
    9. Must use a valid email address.
    10. If you want to comment or review a product you must sign the post with your real name or company name.
    11. Pricing, percentages and profit margins are prohibited and will be edited.  The remainder of the post will remain intact.

Penalty for violating FabNet rules:

• 1st  Incident - Verbal or email warning. (Racism will result in an automatic ban)
    • 2nd  Incident - 30 day ban from posting.
    • 3rd  Incident - 6 month ban from posting.
    • 4th  Incident - Lifetime ban