The FabNet® Forum
concrete Repairs
Last Post 08 Jan 2010 01:09 AM by Un-Authorized. 26 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Wags
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
22 Dec 2009 12:31 PM
Joe as professional counter top folks, I think part of out job is to educate consumers. I never wanted to "talk someone into something" because of my own preferences. I educate them as to the pros and cons of any particular material, and let them choose what is best for them. But, I also believe that all countertop products are good, for the right application. Just as you would never "sell" someone that a polyester product is right for an outdoor application, or solid surface for a BBQ area (heat and BBQ don't mix well), I would never try to talk someone wanting stone into solid surface.
Educate and you will get your fair share, push someone into a particular product and I think your asking for problems, and, not doing your professional responsibility.
Tom M

Private Messenger:

--
22 Dec 2009 01:23 PM
I think that Wags and Joe are talking about different parts of the sale. Wags is talking about honest information designed to help the customer make an intelligent choice in materials, while Joe is talking about imparting information that sells himself over the competition. In my opinion both are important parts of the sale.

There, fixed. Merry Christmas!
...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
David Gerard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
07 Jan 2010 06:09 AM

I had mentioned a bit ago I would be addressing what to do with some concrete tops.  These were made about 8 yrs ago.  The owner has learned to  care for them with  cleaning and period re sealing...but.   I recommended that she have the man(friend) who made them  recondition them.  Nothing doing!
Bottom line is she says they are too much work.   The man who made them attended the Chang and Buddy Rodes  classes and I have seen them being made so I know they are  made properly.   In this case, concrete tops are not for her.    The substrate was screwed down from the top side so I haven't  deceided how im to get them off with out a huge mess or hurting the cabinets.
insomnia crossed with dyslexia and atheist beliefs may lead one to lay awake all night wondering if there really is a "Dog"
David Gerard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
07 Jan 2010 06:15 AM

inside edge severely worn and ragged,  cracked and bad stains.    Not here to bash concrete, this man does some cool stuff with ground polished concrete and shells inlays along with fiber optic lighting,  as I said last post,   just  not for this customer.
insomnia crossed with dyslexia and atheist beliefs may lead one to lay awake all night wondering if there really is a "Dog"
Lane Mangum

Private Messenger:

--
07 Jan 2010 09:24 PM
These days (it was very different 8 years ago), there are sealers that don't stain and don't degrade and don't require any maintenance beyond cleaning. This is not just a case of whether the client is right for concrete. Modern concrete countertops should not behave this way. Please do not think that this is representative of concrete countertops!!!
David Gerard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
08 Jan 2010 12:16 AM
Please do not think that this is representative of concrete countertops!!!

Lane,   no worries,  Im here to learn.

Un-Authorized
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
08 Jan 2010 01:09 AM

David:

As bad as that is, it is georgous compared to Shirestone, a product I saw at one of the trade shows. Shirestone claims to be solid surface and not concrete, however. Shirestone dealers and some customers are flipping out.

Joe

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

FabNet Forum Rules

These Forums are dedicated to any discussion that interest the Surface Fabricator.

Please read the following rules.  Posting, reading and participating on TheFabricatorNetwork.com, you automatically agree to the following rules.  They periodically change so please read them frequently.  Because the rules change at our discretion, post at your own discretion.  The Fabricator Network.com can not control the content of the information posted.  We do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of any information posted. 

Under no circumstances will The Fabricator Network.com its owners, directors, and/or operators be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the forum.  Full Legal 'Terms of Use'

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the project, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. NO ADVERTISING or PROMOTION of products by anyone other than sponsors and advertisers of the FabNet.
  2. "FOR SALE" section is only for used equipment, closeout or advertiser and sponsor specials.
  3. Vendors and Manufacturers are prohibited from posting, commenting or discussing a competitors product in a negative way.  Negative comments toward other vendors or manufacturers will be grounds for an immediate ban from the forum.
  4. Only Advertisers/Sponsors may post their Avatar logo next to their name.  Other vendors may only use their website URL and/or their email address.
  5. Except for "FabNet Lounge", please stay on topic. Post that do not stay on topic will be removed from thread.
  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread, post or comment.
  8. Be Respectful of others.
  9. Must use a valid email address.
  10. If you want to comment or review a product you must sign the post with your real name or company name.
  11. Pricing, percentages and profit margins are prohibited and will be edited.  The remainder of the post will remain intact.

Penalty for violating FabNet rules:

• 1st  Incident - Verbal or email warning. (Racism will result in an automatic ban)
  • 2nd  Incident - 30 day ban from posting.
  • 3rd  Incident - 6 month ban from posting.
  • 4th  Incident - Lifetime ban