The FabNet® Forum
Cheaptrazzo
Last Post 12 Feb 2009 10:40 PM by Gene McDonald. 19 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gene McDonald
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
07 Feb 2009 07:09 PM

just thought id share this and youse are always welcome to use this as a sales pitch to sell the premium priced vetrazzo
    This is what i decided to do when attempted to do my own concrete tops...i get alot of people saying Vetrazzo is too expensive...those Vodka sky bottles they use must really cost...anyway I created this as a gag to show those type of customers that really cant afford a high budget..it gets them laughing and they seem to pick the vetrazzo after I show them their choices

Look at the lovely Mad dog 20/20...wine that never saw a grape

lets not forget wild irish rose

and oh..not the strawberry boones farm

I also thru a couple of cigarette packs in the mix to and used up the broken glass i have in coffee cans for various inlays

Then ya show them the Vetrazzo and its an easy salegood luck fella fabricators..below is Paladian gray vetrazzo

www.RefreshInteriorsDesign.com
    Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    07 Feb 2009 08:06 PM
    That is some nice work. Be sure to save that sample as your first. It can go in the Smithsonian someday.

I would pick the Vetrazzo myself also.
    FabNet Administrator
    andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
    Countertop Company - www.OliveMill.com
    Test
    Wags
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    07 Feb 2009 09:45 PM
    Lipstick on a pig, can't disguse that its still a pig.. All those "green" products are overpriced. Guess being "Green" means the company makes more green in the form of $$$
    David Gerard
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    07 Feb 2009 10:46 PM

Gene,  throw a Jameson's  bottle face in there I might use is on my disco dance floor  ooooowwwwwwcccch!

insomnia crossed with dyslexia and atheist beliefs may lead one to lay awake all night wondering if there really is a "Dog"
    Un-Authorized
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    08 Feb 2009 03:51 AM

Gene:

I think you're really onto something with the Mad Dog countertop. Veterazzo Verschmazzzo, give me the Mad Dog top!

Joe

Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    10 Feb 2009 04:45 AM
    Posted By Wags on 07 Feb 2009 03:45 PM
    Lipstick on a pig, can't disguse that its still a pig.. All those "green" products are overpriced. Guess being "Green" means the company makes more green in the form of $$$

This is the case with everything though.  Remember when Corian sinks were over $1000?  Law of supply and demand.
    FabNet Administrator
    Test
    Wags
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    10 Feb 2009 10:54 PM
    They had good reason to be over $1,000, failure rate was about 90%
    Un-Authorized
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 03:05 AM
    Posted By Wags on 10 Feb 2009 04:54 PM

Wags:

I fancy myself a bit of a solid surface historian but that's the first I've ever heard of that. Could you please substantiate or elaborate a bit Master?

Your humble Grasshopper,

Joe
    Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 06:20 AM
    I don't recall having that high failure rate on the Corian sink.
    FabNet Administrator
    Test
    Linda Graves
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 03:28 PM

We had, maybe, a 5% failure rate on the Fountainhead KO2O sink. I would be surprised if we have had a total of 10 Corian failures since we have been in business. 

The first Corian sink I sold was $1,450.  I could barely get the words out of my mouth.  We were paying over $1,100 for the sink.

Linda

Linda
    Olive Mill
    Karl Crooks
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 04:03 PM
    Posted By Kowboy on 10 Feb 2009 09:05 PM
    Posted By Wags on 10 Feb 2009 04:54 PM

Wags:

I fancy myself a bit of a solid surface historian but that's the first I've ever heard of that. Could you please substantiate or elaborate a bit Master?

Your humble Grasshopper,

Joe

I've been around Solid Surface for almost 30 years and I dont remember this.

RESTORE ~ RENEW ~ REJOICE !
    Jon Olson
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 04:09 PM

Gene you being from NJ and your ability to work with cement makes me nervous.

Un-Authorized
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 06:55 PM
    Posted By Linda on 11 Feb 2009 09:28 AM

We had, maybe, a 5% failure rate on the Fountainhead KO2O sink. I would be surprised if we have had a total of 10 Corian failures since we have been in business. 

The first Corian sink I sold was $1,450.  I could barely get the words out of my mouth.  We were paying over $1,100 for the sink.

Linda

Linda:

You're giving away your age, girlfriend!

Joe

Linda Graves
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 07:53 PM

Joe,

Age is a state of mind!

Linda
    Olive Mill
    Karl Crooks
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 08:20 PM
    Posted By Linda on 11 Feb 2009 01:53 PM

Joe,

Age is a state of mind!

You go Girl !!!

Jon Olson
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 08:33 PM
    Now as the Fab net Camera scans to Norm's House. We see the delete finger ready for action. Sweat pouring off the fore head Waiting for that one comment that puts this post over the line.

Karl Crooks
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 09:05 PM
    Posted By Jon Olson on 11 Feb 2009 02:33 PM
    Now as the Fab net Camera scans to Norm's House. We see the delete finger ready for action. Sweat pouring off the fore head Waiting for that one comment that puts this post over the line.

Dont do it Norm..... be strong for all of us !

Norm Walters
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    11 Feb 2009 11:56 PM
    www.normwaltersconstruction.com
    David Gerard
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    12 Feb 2009 12:51 AM
    Startin to look like  a "far Side " comic strip,    picture this,   Norm hunkered over his pc late in the night while a single bulb fixture burns next to his tailless cat who lies on his  desk licking his [edited by Norm]    while Norm ponders over the consequences if he hit the "delete button"  the question is,  what is on the screen?
    insomnia crossed with dyslexia and atheist beliefs may lead one to lay awake all night wondering if there really is a "Dog"
    Gene McDonald
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    12 Feb 2009 10:40 PM
    Jon..dont get nervous..Im trying to get the Mob to go green...I dont care who they put in cement shoes...and throw to the fishes

I just want them to mix in some fly-ash and recycled glass...if they do that I aint got no problem with them...i make them an offer dey cant refuse
    www.RefreshInteriorsDesign.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

FabNet Forum Rules

These Forums are dedicated to any discussion that interest the Surface Fabricator.

Please read the following rules.  Posting, reading and participating on TheFabricatorNetwork.com, you automatically agree to the following rules.  They periodically change so please read them frequently.  Because the rules change at our discretion, post at your own discretion.  The Fabricator Network.com can not control the content of the information posted.  We do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of any information posted. 

Under no circumstances will The Fabricator Network.com its owners, directors, and/or operators be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the forum.  Full Legal 'Terms of Use'

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the project, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. NO ADVERTISING or PROMOTION of products by anyone other than sponsors and advertisers of the FabNet.
    2. "FOR SALE" section is only for used equipment, closeout or advertiser and sponsor specials.
    3. Vendors and Manufacturers are prohibited from posting, commenting or discussing a competitors product in a negative way.  Negative comments toward other vendors or manufacturers will be grounds for an immediate ban from the forum.
    4. Only Advertisers/Sponsors may post their Avatar logo next to their name.  Other vendors may only use their website URL and/or their email address.
    5. Except for "FabNet Lounge", please stay on topic. Post that do not stay on topic will be removed from thread.
    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread, post or comment.
    8. Be Respectful of others.
    9. Must use a valid email address.
    10. If you want to comment or review a product you must sign the post with your real name or company name.
    11. Pricing, percentages and profit margins are prohibited and will be edited.  The remainder of the post will remain intact.

Penalty for violating FabNet rules:

• 1st  Incident - Verbal or email warning. (Racism will result in an automatic ban)
    • 2nd  Incident - 30 day ban from posting.
    • 3rd  Incident - 6 month ban from posting.
    • 4th  Incident - Lifetime ban