Integra Adhesives - More for Less

Sponsors
Nelson Wood Shims - Buy in Bulk
Karran - Seamless Integration
Moraware - Sorftware for Fabricators
Gemstone Premier Sink Manufacturer

The FabNet® Forum
Green Bloom
Last Post 03 Oct 2008 05:27 PM by Karl Crooks. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Un-Authorized
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Un-Authorized

Private Messenger: Send Private Message

--
03 Oct 2008 01:20 AM
    I've been kicked off of http://www.pagewash.com//nph-index....&fgneg=3d0

and am glad I'm not a stoner.

How on earth do can you make any money when the product you are selling can just develop a mysterious "green bloom" out of thin air?

This guy must have made several callbacks and callbacks mean profit evaporation.

I've sold , fabricated and installed solid surface and estone for years and I've NEVER had to worry about my products developing mysterious symptoms.

Good luck stoners, with your all "natural" product and your apparent "natural" green blooms. Naturally, you're getting callbacks.

Joe 
    Eli Polite
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Eli Polite

--
    03 Oct 2008 02:32 AM
    i don't consider my self a stoner but i do enjoy fabricating it as well as solid surface and engineered stone. about 30% of our sales are solid surface 40%is natural stone and the last 30% is engineered stone laminate wood and green products. what i am slowly getting at is. as a impartial fabricator i know that all products have there draw backs i have been out to peoples homes to repair fingernail polish remover damage from there solid surface vanity tops. as well as burns next to the stoves discoloration from just water sitting on there tops for to long. in fabrication i have had issues with glue not hardening while doing build up strips with laminate i have entire 50 gallon drums of contact adhesive recalled and have had to replace hundreds of tops because that glue failed.(not at my expense). i have had engineered stone with bolts in it and curing cracks across the entire face of the slab. as well as pop outs on the surface. i have had slabs of engineered stone completely spit in half from the stress that is in the sheet from curing . as well as grab the blade on my 25 hp saw and ripped the teeth of the blade and toped the motor in its tracks. i can go on and on cracked solid surface sinks roaches pressed into the face of sheets of laminate granite with fissures and yellowing resin. the point is in stone the only resin this happened was because of some sort of chemical reaction ether from the resin and some sort of cleaning supply or to much activator on a filled spot who know but the problem was fixable and is no more or less than any other product i have ever worked with
    Un-Authorized
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Un-Authorized

--
    03 Oct 2008 04:24 AM

Eli:

I agree that products do have their strong and weak points and I've gotten a mosquito or two in laminate sheets myself.

However, I don't use the "N" word, NEVER, lightly. I've NEVER had a callback for a mysterious reason in fifteen years of fabricating solid surface and a decade of engineered stone.

Joe

Andy Graves

Andy Graves

--
    03 Oct 2008 07:27 AM
    What is it?
    FabNet Administrator
    andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
    Countertop Company - www.OliveMill.com
    Eli Polite
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Eli Polite

--
    03 Oct 2008 05:18 PM
    that green spolt is not a misterious spot at all some one did something they were not suposed to. i would bet money on it its a chemical reaction of some sort. stone does not just turn green. and as far as engineered ston you will never convince me that you have never had a call back because of pieces poping out of the surface that need to be filled. that green spot is only a mistery because some one is not speaking up about douing something to it just a small amount of ca and to much hardiner will cause that mark. it was human error unless you can show that stone just changes colors it does not happen it requires a reaction of some sort outside of nature.
    Karl Crooks
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Karl Crooks

--
    03 Oct 2008 05:27 PM
    Posted By politefab on 10/03/2008 11:18 AM
    ..... and as far as engineered ston you will never convince me that you have never had a call back because of pieces poping out of the surface that need to be filled.......

We see this all the time with E-Stone (Quartz) and N-Stone (Granite)
    RESTORE ~ RENEW ~ REJOICE !
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

FabNet Forum Rules (Click Plus Sign to Read) Maximize

Copyright 2004-2014 by Karben Copy LLC. All rights reserved.