The FabNet® Forum
Menards selling "Do-it-yourself solid surface"
Last Post 09 Apr 2008 05:11 PM by Gordon Doull. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
KCWOOD
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
08 Apr 2008 05:49 AM

This was a first....  a customer brought me a quote for a solid surface job. It was from Menards of Marion IL.  It was approx 56 sq ft and they had it priced at 2,200.  He then explained it was priced with him picking it up and installing it.  It was a green color and name I had never heard.

You guys ever hear of a box store doing this???  Gee, pretty soon it will be stocked right next to the plywood and sold for $9.99 sheet.

KC

Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
    08 Apr 2008 07:31 AM

GREAT, I guess it happens to all products but that doesn't sound great.

FabNet Administrator
    andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
    Countertop Company - www.OliveMill.com
    Reuben Hoff III
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Private Messenger:

--
    08 Apr 2008 04:25 PM
    I have seen it hear for about a year. No one has asked me about it, but it has cut back calls from contractors in the two towns that have the stores there. I beleive the name the are using is Corinthian solid surface I have never been able to get a look at it to see if it is 1/2" or 3cm. I have had to go to no onstall vanity tops in those areas so I guess just a matter of time.
    KCWOOD
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    09 Apr 2008 02:32 AM

Sample I saw was 1/2"

Linda Graves
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Private Messenger:

--
    09 Apr 2008 03:37 AM

Corinthian solid surface was sold here in So. Calif. in the early 90's.  As I recall, there were a lot of problems and it disappeared.  I have not heard about it in years.  I know there were many repairs.  Maybe Karl knows more about it.

Linda
    Olive Mill
    Gordon Doull
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
    09 Apr 2008 05:11 PM

Corinthian 2000 solid surface was made exclusively by CCM Enterprises out of San Marcos, CA. CCM is a large ($14M/yr.) fabricator that also sells cultured marble (which they pour), onyx, all major SS brands, and granite.

CCM used to be Custom Craft Marble. Then they merged with Western Marble under their new name - Cal Custom Mfg.

They stopped making Corinthian when they last changed ownership in about 2002 (when they became CCM Ent.) as it was plagued by some issues that were evidently not totally resolved.

We still work with them. Great guys, good shop, marginal product (Corinthian). I am surprised to hear it is still available.

Gordo (a.k.a. The Fro Bro)<br>Surface Authority, Inc.<br>www.surfaceauthority.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

FabNet Forum Rules (Click Plus Sign to Read)

These Forums are dedicated to any discussion that interest the Surface Fabricator.

Please read the following rules.  Posting, reading and participating on TheFabricatorNetwork.com, you automatically agree to the following rules.  They periodically change so please read them frequently.  Because the rules change at our discretion, post at your own discretion.  The Fabricator Network.com can not control the content of the information posted.  We do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of any information posted. 

Under no circumstances will The Fabricator Network.com its owners, directors, and/or operators be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the forum.  Full Legal 'Terms of Use'

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the project, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. NO ADVERTISING or PROMOTION of products by anyone other than sponsors and advertisers of the FabNet.
    2. "FOR SALE" section is only for used equipment, closeout or advertiser and sponsor specials.
    3. Vendors and Manufacturers are prohibited from posting, commenting or discussing a competitors product in a negative way.  Negative comments toward other vendors or manufacturers will be grounds for an immediate ban from the forum.
    4. Only Advertisers/Sponsors may post their Avatar logo next to their name.  Other vendors may only use their website URL and/or their email address.
    5. Except for "FabNet Lounge", please stay on topic. Post that do not stay on topic will be removed from thread.
    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread, post or comment.
    8. Be Respectful of others.
    9. Must use a valid email address.
    10. If you want to comment or review a product you must sign the post with your real name or company name.
    11. Pricing, percentages and profit margins are prohibited and will be edited.  The remainder of the post will remain intact.

Penalty for violating FabNet rules:

• 1st  Incident - Verbal or email warning. (Racism will result in an automatic ban)
    • 2nd  Incident - 30 day ban from posting.
    • 3rd  Incident - 6 month ban from posting.
    • 4th  Incident - Lifetime ban