The FabNet® Forum
Starting a Granite Shop
Last Post 18 Dec 2012 03:55 PM by Oldryder. 50 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
Un-Authorized
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
22 Jul 2011 01:33 AM
Posted By Kevin Padden on 21 Jul 2011 06:50 PM
Joe - you must have forgotten that AZ School of Rock is in the business of helping guys start up Granite Shops, and this (along with day in and day out Fabrication & Consulting) is what I DO for a living.... AZ School of Rock has been in business since 2007

Kevin:

I didn't forget, but you scared me when the guy who purchased your seam jig posted that he couldn't get a return email, phone call, letter or smokesignal from you when it didn't arrive in several weeks after many attempts. When I heard of this, I thought "There must be some mistake, this isn't like Kevin." and PM'd you myself. I never heard anything either. What was I to think?

I hope it was resolved to everyone's mutual satisfaction.

Joe
Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
23 Jul 2011 06:27 PM
Kevin,

I included your link in a previous post. Hopefully he contacted you direct.
FabNet Administrator
andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
Countertop Company - www.OliveMill.com
Test
Louie

Private Messenger:

--
21 Dec 2011 11:14 PM

Hi,
I would like to know how do you cut the dust fact, what kind of system do you use. I'm  setting a very small stone shop, two  kitchens a week,  any web sites
with good prices
thank you

Louie

Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
21 Dec 2011 11:57 PM
Your best bet to eliminate the dust in a granite shop is to cut wet. It is a little more hassle but will protect the workers and lengthen the life of your tools.
FabNet Administrator
Test
leolee

Private Messenger:

--
10 Sep 2012 09:34 PM
I have a question about reduced the sound(noisy) of those hand polisher and grinder in the warehouse.
do any one know which type of polisher and grinder produce less sound
please help
leolee1989@gmail.com
Gene McDonald
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
11 Sep 2012 03:43 PM
Build a quicl 2 x 4 room...foam up the walls..it may resembel a giant spray booth..buut the sound will at least muffle
www.RefreshInteriorsDesign.com
Tom M

Private Messenger:

--
12 Sep 2012 01:30 PM
Ear protection is an absolute must for the fabricators.
...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
David Gerard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Private Messenger:

--
13 Sep 2012 07:21 AM
got me some NRBQ piped through mine with the Ipod. My brother is always wondering what the hell im listening to boppin my head around.
insomnia crossed with dyslexia and atheist beliefs may lead one to lay awake all night wondering if there really is a "Dog"
Tom M

Private Messenger:

--
13 Sep 2012 01:30 PM
Good Lord, man! That brought me back. Every New Years eve they would play at the Agora West Hartford. What a show! I saw them play with Carl Perkins at one gig, and the Killer, Jerry lee Lewis at another. Watching Terry Adams and Jerry Lee riff off each other on dueling rockabilly pianos was one of the highlights of my concert life.
Remember the Wildweeds with Al Anderson? Good times, man, good times.
...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
Andy Graves

Private Messenger:

--
15 Sep 2012 07:37 PM
Is it the noise from the grinder or noise from the grinding disc removing material on the granite?

I can't imagine the actual grinder making that much noise by itself.

Why are you trying to reduce the noise?
FabNet Administrator
Test
Oldryder

Private Messenger:

--
18 Dec 2012 03:55 PM
2 kitchens a week can be done by hand with a Sector or similar hand router and a rail saw.  you'll have $10 - $20k in this option plus install stuff, hand grinders, adhesives, tooling, and a hoist of other stuff.

However, given the glut of good used equipment you could get a used Cougar/Sierra bridge saw for about $15k and a used wizard for another $10k.  I know from experience you can do 3-4 kitchens a week with 2 or 3 shop guys and do an exceptionally nice job on sink cutouts and curved edge profiles using templates and the wizard.

Either way you'll spend another several thousand outfitting your install vehicle and buying the long list of various shop supplies. 
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

FabNet Forum Rules

These Forums are dedicated to any discussion that interest the Surface Fabricator.

Please read the following rules.  Posting, reading and participating on TheFabricatorNetwork.com, you automatically agree to the following rules.  They periodically change so please read them frequently.  Because the rules change at our discretion, post at your own discretion.  The Fabricator Network.com can not control the content of the information posted.  We do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of any information posted. 

Under no circumstances will The Fabricator Network.com its owners, directors, and/or operators be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the forum.  Full Legal 'Terms of Use'

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the project, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. NO ADVERTISING or PROMOTION of products by anyone other than sponsors and advertisers of the FabNet.
  2. "FOR SALE" section is only for used equipment, closeout or advertiser and sponsor specials.
  3. Vendors and Manufacturers are prohibited from posting, commenting or discussing a competitors product in a negative way.  Negative comments toward other vendors or manufacturers will be grounds for an immediate ban from the forum.
  4. Only Advertisers/Sponsors may post their Avatar logo next to their name.  Other vendors may only use their website URL and/or their email address.
  5. Except for "FabNet Lounge", please stay on topic. Post that do not stay on topic will be removed from thread.
  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving/removing a thread, post or comment.
  8. Be Respectful of others.
  9. Must use a valid email address.
  10. If you want to comment or review a product you must sign the post with your real name or company name.
  11. Pricing, percentages and profit margins are prohibited and will be edited.  The remainder of the post will remain intact.

Penalty for violating FabNet rules:

• 1st  Incident - Verbal or email warning. (Racism will result in an automatic ban)
  • 2nd  Incident - 30 day ban from posting.
  • 3rd  Incident - 6 month ban from posting.
  • 4th  Incident - Lifetime ban